A beautiful, distinctive neoclassical building, impeccably maintained, built in 1880 at the request of Blessed Louis-Zéphirin Moreau, 4th bishop of Saint-Hyacinthe. The cathedral underwent major renovations in 1908, 1942 and 1963. The two neo-Gothic twin towers featured on its current façade date from 1908. Paintings by Ozias Leduc, including "Le Père éternel" (The Eternal Father), and Joseph Uberti adorn the walls. The magnificent stained glass windows depict Eucharistic symbols or symbols related to the Passion of Christ. The rose window on the organ loft is titled " Apothéose du Sacré-Cœur de Jésus" (Apotheosis of the Sacred Heart of Jesus). The impressive Casavant organ dates back to 1885 and is the eighth one built by the two Casavant brothers. The nave of the cathedral houses the tomb of Blessed Louis-Zéphirin Moreau, the first beatified bishop born in Quebec. Many pilgrims travel to pray there.