Maison Saint-Gabriel, Museum and Historic Site

Take a detour through the 17th century by visiting Maison Saint-Gabriel! Located in Pointe-Saint-Charles, this farmhouse is the oldest witness of rural architecture in Montreal. Acquired by Marguerite Bourgeoys, the house welcomed the King’s Wards as early as 1668. Today, it is where the memory of Marguerite Bourgeoys, Ville-Marie’s first teacher and founder of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame, is preserved. The visit From the Cellar to the Attic offers you the opportunity to learn about a still little-known part of Montreal's women's history. A guide in period costume describes the daily life of the people who lived there, the adventure of the King’s Wards and the incredible perseverance of the sisters of the Congrégation de Notre-Dame in establishing a self-sufficient farm. Through each room, the story of these formidable pioneers will never have seemed so authentic.


January 5 to December 23


Museum and interpretation center


  • Picnic area on site
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Family activities
  • Presentations on site
  • Shop on site
  • Facilities designed for groups
  • Tourism panels (blue panels)
  • Pedestrian trails on site
  • Welcome and information services in English and in French
  • Tour offered in English and in French
  • Virtual tour offered

2146, place Dublin
 Montréal, Québec
 H3K 2A2
Tel.: 514 935-8136